I made a slipcover for myself! My girls room actually, but my house anyway. I bought the chaise lounge at auction a couple months ago for $5. It’s been sitting in my workroom since then staring at me begging for some love.
The original fabric peeking out from under the slip.
A lovely floral fabric in decent shape, but just not my style. I was hoarding these two clearance IKEA curtain panels in my fabric stash with the intention of making two twin headboards for my guest room, but never came up with a solid plan for that room. Since then, my guest bedroom plans have changed numerous times so I decided to use the curtains for this chaise. I’m so glad I did, it’s so soft and comfy.This skirt-less style slipcover is the easiest and fastest slipcover to make. Finish it off with welt and it’s done (although you could just as easily hem it). This chaise originally had a floor length skirt with box pleats. It looked a little frumpy so I immediately tore the skirt off and it instantly made it better(flowers and all).
This was super quick and simple update for this chair. When I put it in it’s permanent location in my girls room after I paint, I’ll update you.