This is my first big project of 2017. I have a new perspective on DIY this year…just do it. Which is my nature. However, for some reason in the recent past, I bought into the notion that I shouldn’t start a project or renovation until I had all the materials and/or all the money to completely finish the job. Probably because I have a lot of unfinished projects, and some times I let it get me down. But…the bottom line is that these unfinished projects are STILL far better than their former untouched state.
This bathroom for instance…
Even though this bathroom has a long way to go, and there are elements I would do differently with more time and money(brass light fixture and faucet, marble top for the vanity), I really love it so far.
I still need to …
- make a roman shade for the window.
- figure out how I want to hang towels.
- possibly ombre dye the shower curtain(from the bottom up).
- I’d like to move the plant from the back of the toilet to a sweet plant stand between the toilet and shower.
- possibly hang wallpaper above the tongue and groove pine wainscoting.
a few before and afters…A huge improvement right? Looking back at these pictures I can’t believe I lived with it so long.
The befores are hard to look at right?
Check back tomorrow and I’ll share how I did this transformation for less than $200!